Grinch Party Poppers

The Grinch is one of Dr. Suess’ most beloved characters, and at Christmas we love to watch “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”.
Just like we love to make Christmas trees, wreathes, snowmen, Santa, and reindeer for snacks this time of the year, we also love Mr. Grinch.

Today’s snack is a perfect finger food to put out for the kids at a Christmas party.
These would also be perfect for a Christmastime sleepover, featuring popcorn, the Grinch movie, and these scrumptious little poppers.
Healthy, cute, and super fun, you know these little guys will be a hit.
Here’s how to make them.

Step 1: Collect your ingredients and assemble Grinches

(Depending on how many Grinch poppers you would like to make, you will need that many of the following):

-slice of white string cheese (at least 1/3 inch thick)
-strawberry
-banana slice (at least 1/3 inch thick)
-green grape (with bottom sliced off so it lays flat)
-melted chocolate. (1/2 of a Hershey’s bar, broken into pieces and microwaved until melted, stirring at 20 second intervals will be plenty to make up to 25 poppers)

Assemble each Grinch by sliding each piece up a plastic toothpick.  I get mine from the dollar store.  They come in a package of assorted colors with little hearts on the top.  They are the perfect size, and not too sharp for the kids to eat off of.

Step 2: Melt Chocolate

Depending on how many poppers you are making, melt the appropriate amount of chocolate.  I used a simple Hershey bar in this recipe.

1/2 of a Hershey’s bar, broken into pieces and microwaved until melted, stirring at 20 second intervals will be plenty to make up to 25 poppers.

Step 3: Pipe Grinch faces

Place your melted chocolate into a piping bag with a very small tip attachment;
or do it the easy way by using a ziploc bag with a tiny snip off of one corner to pipe your faces.
Make 2 eyes with frowning eyebrows above them.  Next, make a wide smile with bumps and a little point at the bottom middle.

Step 4:  Chill, serve, and enjoy!

Chill in the refridgerator for at least 15 minutes.

My little girls LOVED these guys.  I made about 10 of them for today’s post, and they had to be cut off after 4 each!  (They still hadn’t had their lunch yet)!

TIP: Pipe Grinch faces onto grapes and chill in advance if you want to work ahead and prevent the rest of the ingredients from being out in the air too long.

(Sharing HERE)

Follow us on Facebook / Pinterest

Comments

• says

I would assemble them within an hour of when you want to serve them. One thing you could do delay slicing the bananas up is pipe the Grinch’s faces with chocolate and chill – then go back and assemble everything in the skewers.

Good luck! I hope they love them!!

• says

I’m the same way this Christmas too!I feel particularly bad buseace it’s our last Christmas before our only child leaves for college. I did a very small amount of decorating…not the usual. I guess, it is what it is!I’m definitely in the Christmas spirit though and have lots of love in my heart to share. (Christmas did come fast this year, it’s so much better when Thanksgiving is early)I wish you a wonderful month’s hiatus. Go forth and relax and regenerate.I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as we move into a new decade!!xoTerri

1. Mimi Hudachek says

Love these! I am excited to take a healthy option to my son’s class. However, I am trying a test one right now and the cheese keeps splitting, no matter how think I slice it. Going with a mini marshmallow as the pompom topper!

2. says

I rarely leave remarks, however i did some searching and wound up
    here Grinch Party Poppers. And I actually do have 2 questions for you if
    it’s allright. Is it simply me or does it look like some of these comments
    look like they are coming from brain dead folks?
    :-P And, if you are posting on other social sites, I’d like to follow anything new
    you have to post. Would you make a list of all of all your public pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or
    twitter feed?

Also visit my web site; Poor Muscle Tone

• says

i am sooo proud of you… i was reading my vogue liinvg the other day and THERE YOU WERE! that article was simply amazing…(i want to steal your entry mirror) not only are you talented, you are so humble which makes you even more wonderful… HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you sweet anna…. many blessings to you in the new year… rest well… x pam

• says

its career time for me and i have to ccoihes in my mind: 1) interior design 2) lawi think law will win out..however i always have loved what you do and i think i will end up doing something like this when im olderthanks for the inspiration

• says

Anna, You are the most wonderful Blogger on the ienertnt. You make me happy and inspired…you make me want to be a better person…sounds so cliche, but it’s ‘absolutely’ true and I want you to know how much you and your words and work mean to this Canadian…so far, far away from you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year My Friend. Liberty Post xo

• says

Anna, what a fabulous picutre!! It is perfect imagery to a sentiment I believe we are all feeling – time is just flying by much too quickly! To think it’s already 2010! I discovered your blog this evening and find it so visually appealing! A real beauty…absolutely beautiful things!Happy New Year and courage with 2010!Flora xoxo

3. says

An addiction to sports gambling is rather similar to any other kind of addiction as the addiction begins to take charge and control your life.

You are the one that controls your fate and the winning numbers
    are your fate. in China but there is an ongoing debate over whether the first casinos
    began in Ancient China or the Nile Delta.

Trackbacks